At this article you may learn about how to import game models and textures from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (and other X-Ray games) to 3Ds Max.
Before beginning it needs to download couple of tools:
- - STALKER Universal Extractor (SUE)
- OGF Master +
1. Run SUE, choose game kind with radio button (from up to down: Shadow, Clear Sky, Call of) then set path to game root by button Обзор. Game data unpacking process starts immediately. After couple of minutes all will be done and you can find unpacking files at UEgamedata subfolder of game root.
2. Run OGF Master + and install smd import plugin for 3Ds Max. Click Плагин SMD button, then Далее and save plugin. Next copy it to 3Ds Max plugins directory.
3. Add to OGF Master + required models for convert (e.g. P90) by clicking Добавить модель(ли) button. In example weapons locate at UEgamedata\meshes\weapons folder.
Click Конвертировать модель(ли) button then set destination convert directory with upper Обзор button clicking. Optionally you may make auto copy model textures from resources by checking box and add textures directory with bottom Обзор button. Click Начать конвертацию. When you get message Ковертирование закончено close OGF Master +.
4. After previous step you have folder with smd model file and textures. Now run 3Ds Max and open this one. It may set some options and set textures during opening.
After step 4 you get S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game models that you can modify and send to other games. In my nearest articles you may learn about how to port weapon models.